This page is designed to give you a little information about what you can expect at our Sunday morning services. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while in the church building.
- Entry will be through the door on Little Britain. There may be a queue to enter the church to ensure social distancing, so please be prepared to wait a few minutes.
- For our regular attenders & members we have a booking system and you must book before attending a service.
- If you are planning to visit us it would be most helpful if you could contact us in advance, but we will have a limited number of seats available for unexpected guests each week.
- On arrival a steward will welcome you, hand sanitiser will be available for hand cleaning, and you will be shown directly to your seats. Seating will be in household/bubble groups with 2 meters or screens between groups.
- Please bring your own bibles. Service sheets and childrens’ worksheets will be available online and should be printed out at home and brought to the service. There will be music during the service but no singing.
- Two toilets will be available. There are 2 meter markers for the queue.
- At the end of the service, you should remain in your seat until a steward informs you that you can leave using a one-way system exiting through the Aldersgate Street door. Hand sanitiser will be available as you exit. Upon leaving the building please move away from the exit door promptly.
- There will not be access to the kitchen, so please bring water if necessary.
Some other questions are answered below:
Will we be able to talk to the pastor? There will be an opportunity outside the church after the service. If you require a longer pastoral conversation, this should be arranged separately.
What if I feel unwell during the week before the Sunday service? If you experience any Covid symptoms, you are strongly advised to be tested for the virus, in accordance with government guidelines, and must not attend church until you recover.
What happens if I feel unwell during the service? Alert a steward and they will take care of you.
What happens if someone gets sick after being at a service? The deacons will have a list and contact details of all attendees. If anyone becomes unwell with Covid symptoms after attending a service, they are strongly urged to have a Covid test, in line with government guidelines. If they become unwell within 2 days of a service, they are requested to inform the deacons. In the event that an attendee tests positive for Covid, all other attendees at that service will be informed and should follow government guidelines regarding staying at home and testing as necessary. It is possible that services in the church may be temporarily suspended and the building will be deep cleaned prior to services resuming, however the deacons will keep everyone informed.
Will there be a collection? You are strongly encouraged to give your offerings electronically. The bank details are:
Free Church of Scotland London
00338852 Account number
12 01 03 Sort code
A collection box will be available for anyone who must make a cash donation. Gift Aid boosts most donations by 25% so please make every effort to use Gift Aid.
Can children attend the service? Yes. Children are very welcome at the service. However it should be noted that:
- There is no Sunday School or creche.
- Worksheets must be printed at home and brought with you. Neither sheets or colouring pencils will be provided at church.
- Children must not leave the family group and must be supervised at all times.
There will be a place available for nursing mothers to feed their babies.
How is the building being cleaned? We are fortunate that, at the moment, we are the only users of the building. The usual cleaning will take place once a week. Chairs will be cleaned after being set out. Hard surfaces in high traffic areas (door handles, light switches and taps etc) will be sanitised before and after each service. Hand sanitiser will be available on entry, exit, and outside the toilets for use. Soap and paper towels will be available in the toilet.
If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.